- Learn more about a Career in Massage Therapy or Esthetics (Skincare Specialist) by checking out the occupation from the US Department of Labor at: US Department of Labor O*Net On Line http://www.onetonline.org/find/result?s=massage+therapy&g=Go
- Massage Therapist: Standard Occupational Code 31-9011.00
- Massage Therapists are experts in palpation of muscles and tissues of the human body. Practitioners are passionate about touch and facilitating healing in their clients. According to the US Bureau of Labor, O*Net Online, the national median salary is $41,420. In Bend & Central Oregon: $57,750.
- Average work week for a Licensed Massage Therapist is 26.6 hours….AMTA Survey of 2018…
- Skincare Specialist: Standard Occupational Code 39-5094.00
- Estheticians are specialists in cleansing, beautifying and preserving the health & wellness of the skin. According to the US Bureau of Labor, O*Net Online, the national median salary is $31,290. In Bend & Central Oregon: $46,360. https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/39-5094.00
- College Affordability and Transparency Center: Check out this website for more information at http://collegecost.ed.gov/
Consumer Information: Prospective students may request all “consumer right to know” information upon request and all students who enroll are given all of the following documents: Campus Safety & Crime Statistics (Sage has had 0 murders, rapes, burglaries, aggravated assaults, aggravated sexual assaults, motor vehicle thefts, domestic violence, dating violence or stalking incidents in 2018 on campus), Calendar for the Academic Year, Completion, Licensure & Placement Information (as stated above), Copyright Infringement Policy, Sexual Harassment and Non-Discrimination Policies & Procedures, Drug & Alcohol Free School/Workplace Policy, and Emergency & Evacuation Policy & Procedures.
“Sage’s unique educational program with a focused curriculum and attention to detail enabled me to learn in a comfortable setting and gain the knowledge I needed to be ready for a successful career as a massage therapist. Upon graduation, I was equipped to pass the Oregon Boards and launch my own practice.”
Kristy Hammett (Werchek)
“I continue to love massage as a career and am so grateful to have had an education from Sage. Especially now as a Mom, making my own schedule and getting paid well per hour are extra bonuses to doing work I enjoy and love.”
“I absolutely love being an esthetician! Helping people every day is an amazing feeling! Whether that’s helping someone with their skin condition or providing a great hair removal service. I’m so thankful for the amazing education I received from Sage!”